Pneumatic Demolding Tools for Bowls/Sinks and Modulars
- Standard "Air Thing" to demold marble bowl castings from the mold where a polycollar or polydome is used
- Special Drain Boss version "Air Thing" to demold bowls when an aluminum drain boss is used in the casting process. Drain Bosses are often used in modular vanities and floating bowls instead of a polydome, captive nut assembly or suction cup assembly.
The Pneumatic Air-Thing is an essential sturdy tool used to demold marble bowl castings (where a polycollar/polydome is used during the casting process). The Air-Thing Pneumatic Tool utiilizes a compressed air supply attached to the tool to "release" the cast part from the mold surface - greatly simplifying demolding of bowls, sinks and modular vanities.
To use the tool, remove the polydome, and insert the rubber "outie" bladder into the polycollar cavity of any Bowl, Sink, Modular Vanity Deck or No Bowl Deck casting that incorporates a polydome/polycollar mold setup. Activate the tool to expand the "outie" rubber bladder, which separates (releases) the casting from the mold surface. For small castings, the handles may be used to lift the marble casting from the mold. This tool also works great in fiberglass shops to quickly demold parts! With this device, as with all air-operated equipment, strict adherence to instructions is recommended.
For certain more difficult-to-demold bowls such as the Celebrity and Wave Floating Bowl molds, this tool should be considered essential!
- Air Thing Pneumatic Demolding Tool with "Outie Bladder" for Modular Vanities and Floating Bowl Castings equipped with Polycollar /Polydome Mold Setup - #02008
- Replacement Air Thing ("Outie") Bladder, for use with Bowls/Sinks/Modular Castings equipped with a Polydome - #020081
A similar device to the above Air Thing, this tool also utilizes compressed air to greatly simplify demolding of modular vanities and floating bowls in particular where Drain Bosses are used in the casting process. This Air Thing is equipped with an "Innie" Bladder which is specifically designed to work with Drain Bosses to easily demold the bowl from the mold with minimal effort and maximum success.
- Air Thing Pneumatic Demolding Tool with "Innie Bladder" for Modular Vanities and Floating Bowl Castings equipped with Drain Bosses - #02018
- Replacement Air Thing ("Innie") Bladder, for use with Modulars and Floating Bowl Castings equipped with a Drain Boss - #020181
Tags: Air Thing, Air Thingy, Demolding Tools, Pneumatic Tools, Pneumatic Demolding Tools, Pneumatic Air Thing, Bowl Demolding Tool