Lift and position Bulk Filler Bags ("Supersacks") over Gruber Ground Hoppers for added filler capacity, greater convenience - and eliminate production interruptions required when you are manually loading bulk fillers into a Ground Hopper or other filler storage, metering or conveying feeder. For Gruber Autocaster customers, this is a time and money saving way to keep your bulk fillers loading continuously without the need to pause your Autocaster to load more bulk fillers.
Bulk Bag Gantries are used to lift Bulk Bags (aka "Super Sacks") into position over a Ground Hopper, and usually used in conjunction with Gruber Systems’ Autocaster Ultra continuous casting systems. Ground Hoppers provide a longer term supply of fillers to the metering hoppers mounted on top of the Autocaster system - so that the continuous casting capability of the Autocaster is not interrupted by the need to resupply the metering hoppers. Depending on your physical layout, and flexibility desired of handling these bulk bags, you have a choice of Ground Hoppers and Gantries, as well as associated Bulk Bag Pallet Roller Conveyors to help automate the staging of bulk fillers in your operation.
Order Options for 4-leg Bulk Bag Gantries
- Choice of two sizes - 10' or 15' length
- Purchase a standalone gantry, or a "configured system" that includes your choice of Gantry with Bulk Bag Suspender Cross Frame, 4000 lb capacity Hoist and Trolley, 20 feet of Roller Conveyor and 5pallet skids.
- Custom sizes and lengths available - call for information
10' Bulk Bag Gantry
Two purchase options:
- Standalone 10' Gantry - includes Bulk Bag Suspender Cross Frame, but excludes other components shown above - #0831208
- "Configured System" - 10' length Bulk Bag Gantry (with Bulk Bag Suspender Cross Frame shown above), plus 4000 lb capacity Hoist and Trolley, 20' length of Roller Conveyor (RCBB10) and 5 pallet skids. Excludes Ground Hopper shown above. Ground Hopper ordered separately. - #166200
This Gantry can pick up either the first or second Bulk Bag in the cue. Additional 10' lengths of roller conveyor can be purchased with order number RCBB10 conveyor sections.
Height: 14' (168")
Width: 6' (72")
Length: 10" (120")
15' Bulk Bag GantryTwo purchase options:
- Standalone 15' Gantry - includes Bulk Bag Suspender Cross Frame, but excludes other components shown above - #162768
- Configured System - 15' length Gantry (with Bulk Bag Suspender Cross Frame shown above), plus 4000 lb capacity Hoist and Trolley, 20' length of Roller Conveyor (RCBB10) and 5 pallet skids. Excludes Ground Hopper shown above. Ground Hopper ordered separately. - #166201
For higher production requirements, the 15 foot (4,5cm) length model provides greater flexibility in loading and accessing any of the first three super sacks staged under the longer 15 foot long trolley of this Gantry, potentially allowing access and loading of a wider variety of materials for different production runs. Additional 10' lengths of roller conveyor can be purchased with order number RCBB10 conveyor sections.
Height: 14' (168")
Width: 6' (72")
Length: 15' (180")
Generally, bulk bags are staged below the gantry, or are transported to that location with a bulk bag conveyor track (see illustration at right). The bags are often stored in a remote location, and the bulk bag conveyor can simplify the transfer of the bag to where the Ground Hopper is located. Alternatively, fork lifts can transport these bulk bags as well, but when a fork lift does not have access to the staging area below the Ground Hopper, Bulk Bag Conveyor's offer a very convenient method of moving bulk fillers into position.
Once the bulk bags are positioned below the hoist, the bulk bag is hoisted off its pallet, and the trolley moves the bulk bag into position immediately above the Ground Hopper. As shown in the illustration at right, the hoist will suspend the bulk bag over the Ground Hopper until the bulk bag is emptied. Once emptied, the bag is lowered, and a new bag is picked up and placed into position to continue the production process.
Gantries are manufactured from heavy-duty steel components and finished in powder-coat.
Cable trolleys provided to carry and guide hoist’s power supply cord
Bulk bags can be lifted from the ground with the hoist – no forklift access to ground hoppers required
Bulk Bag Suspender Cross Frame included with each Bulk Bag Gantry
Each of the two Bulk Bag Gantries shown below include this Bulk Bag Suspender Cross Frame to attach the hoist and trolley to the Bulk Bag. The hoist lowers the suspender frame down, and the frame is attached to each corner point on the Bulk Bag. Once attached to the bag, the bag is lifted, and the trolley moves the bag into position above the Ground Hopper.
Depending on your physical layout, and flexibility desired in handling these bulk bags, you have a choice of a sizes and configurations. Choose from individual components, or a complete system configuration that includes the necessary hoist, trolley, roller conveyor track and pallet skids
Order Information: "Configured Systems":
Configured Bulk Bag Conveyor systems include a Bulk Bag Gantry, Suspender Cross Frame, 4000 lb (1814kg) Capacity Hoist (#0831850) and Trolley (#0831217), two 10 foot pairs of Roller Conveyor track (#RCBB10) (for 20 feet of installed conveyor track, and plywood pallet skids (to allow bulk bags to roll on the conveyor), and five Pallet Skids to stage up to five super sacks on the line.
- Configured Bulk Bag Gantry System (described above), 4-Leg, 10' (3m), Crated - #166200
- Configured Bulk Bag Gantry System (described above), 4-Leg, 15' (4.5m), Crated - #166201
Note: Custom size Gantries and custom configurations are available upon request - call!
Order Information – Components:
If you just need some of the products shown above, order them ala carte from the following order numbers:
- Bulk Bag Gantry, 4-Leg, 10' (3m), includes Suspender Cross Frame, Crated - #0831208
- Bulk Bag Gantry, 4-Leg, 15' (4.5m), includes Suspender Cross Frame, Crated - #162768
- Electric Chain Hoist, 4400 lb (2000 kg) Capacity, 10' (3m), Single Speed, 230V/460V 3-Phase - #0831850 (single-phase 115V also available)
- Trolley, 4000 lb (1814kg) Capacity - #0831217
- Bulk Bag Roller Conveyor - Sold as 10 foot length of paired track, so you can extend out this track in 10' increments as desired - #RCBB10
- Plywood Pallet Skids, Each - #0831851 (recommend minimum quantity for 20 feet of conveyor track is give units).
Gruber Ground Hoppers meter and convey bulk fillers to the point of use (usually a Gruber Autocaster continuous casting machine. Ground Hoppers are offered for a variety of applications - including Cultured Marble, Solid Surface, Polymer Concrete and other Bulk Powder metering or conveying requirements - for all types of bulk fillers such as powders, granules, aggregates and even larger stone.
The optional Bulk Bag Suspender Frame allows the option of mounting larger, more economical bulk bags (“Super Sacks”) above Gruber’s Ground Hopper™ bulk solids conveyors. Mounting large bulk bags reduce interruptions during the manufacturing process, and reduces labor costs normally associated with manual loading of a metering or feed hopper – particularly when compared to manual loading of smaller bulk material bags. Automation of the bulk material handling system also results in a cleaner, safer working environment and more efficient manufacturing workflow.
This unit is attached to the Hoist on the Bulk Bag Gantry, and includes four hooked ends to easily attach and lift Supersacks over the Ground Hopper. This is already included with each Bulk Bag Gantry!
Bulk Bag Roller Conveyors facilitate the movement and storage of pallets containing bulk bags (super sacks) from a fork-lift access point to a Bulk Bag Gantry.
Tags:Gantry, Bulk Bag Gantry, Bulk Bag Feeder, Bulk Bag Crane, Bulk Bag Lift, Supersack, Super Sack, Super Sack Lift, Bulk Fillers, Bulk Conveying, Filler Conveying, Filler Loading, Bulk Bags