The "Top-Mount" Large Aggregate Ground Hopper is an auger-screw driven conveyor, typically used to convey larger-sized such quartz, pea gravel or small rock up to as large as 3/8" (7 mm) diameter used in Polymer Concrete Casting applications. This machine is normally used to convey fillers to the filler metering hoppers included with Gruber's Autocaster™ continuous casting machine. It can also easily handle smaller aggregates such as sand, granules and very small pea gravel.
Other Ground Hoppers may be more suitable for your needs, depending on your exact filler material:
For Smaller Aggregate fillers such as sand and small pea gravel, we recommend our Small Aggregate Ground Hopper
If your bulk fillers are larger than 3/8", or are highly abrasive, or very sharp jagged edges, we recommend you consider the Belt-Drive Abrasive Rock/Large Aggregate Ground Hopper
For applications not involving use with an Autocaster, please contact Gruber Systems for more information.
Like our other Ground Hoppers, this unit reduces the labor, inconvenience and difficulty of loading a metering hopper mounted high atop the Autocaster or Batchmaster system. Since the Autocaster greatly increases your production capability and ability to cast a LOT of product very quickly, Ground Hoppers are really an essential part of an automated casting system. With a Ground Hopper as part of your automated casting system, you will reduce labor costs, improves production efficiencies, reduces wastage (material cost), and likely reduces overhead cost. You will also likely reduce possible injuries to employees and employee "wear and tear" by eliminating the back breaking work of continually loading the metering hopper as your Autocaster very quickly uses that filler material!
The Polymer Concrete Ground Hopper differs from Gruber’s standard Ground Hopper by incorporating a "Top-Mount" drive motor/Gear Reducer, and heavier-duty components that withstand the processing of abrasive aggregates like those found in Polymer Concrete. These key features include:
- Top-Mounted Motor and Gear Reducer for added durability and ability to withstand the added abuses that aggregates place on the Ground Hopper.
- Reinforced auger tube for extended durability and lifespan.
- Strengthened progressive auger for longer wear life and to reduce weight in the lifting tube.
- Feed shutoff slide to allow the auger to empty before stopping preventing binding at startup and reduced weight in tube when at rest.
All Gruber Auger-transport Ground Hoppes include these standard features:
- 500 cu/in per minute throughput capacity (based on calcium carbonate blends)
- Overall height 57.5” x 42.5” x 45” (LWH) excluding auger
- Large, rugged 15 cubic feet capacity bin constructed of 12 gauge carbon steel
- Powerful 3 HP 120/230/460 volt motor
- Sealed dust tight drive and idler bearings with transmission ratio of 10:1 (standard)
- 2-way forklift entries for convenient positioning
- Screen for reducing introduction of bag scraps and other debris from reaching auger
- Chain clamps for securing bulk bag hopper support
Also available - a traditional "bottom mount" configuration, but we recommend the top-mount for processing of larger aggregates.