For lightweight powders such as Calcium Carbonate blends or ATH blends, choose from our Standard Auger-driven Ground Hopper, or a Pneumatic Transport Ground Hopper that offers some advantages over the auger-driven model.
Application: Bulk Material Transfer (Powdered/Granular)
Basic auger driven system. Used to transport conventional fillers for cast polymer manufacturing, such as calcium carbonate or other fine particle fillers. Basic unit does not includes self-metering or other capabilities.
- No overhead mountings
- Eliminate waste
- Precise metering available
- Eliminate laborious manual bulk powder handling and tank filling
- Stationary or mobile versions available!
Bulk filler handling systems can be integrated with your continuous casting system, and metering or batching systems to reduce labor cost, improve production efficiencies, reduce wastage (material cost), and likely reduce overhead costs.
Gruber Ground Hoppers can accommodate either bulk bags (super sacks) or individual bags of filler, as well as other granular substances for even greater efficiency. A complete bulk filler handling system often includes the ground hopper to storing and convey the materials to the point of insertion or use, and a gantry or other material transfer system to store and deliver super sacks or bulk bags to the ground hopper.
A mobile upgrade is offered for all Gruber Ground Hoppers that allows you to move your Ground Hopper to where you need it. You can purchase the mobile upgrade as an option to upgrade your existing Ground Hopper, or purchase a complete mobile version Ground Hopper to begin with.
- Ground Hopper with Screw Drive Conveyor
- 50 lb (23 kg) per minute output capability (calcium carbonate blends)
- Mobile version available with wheels - or upgrade the stationary standard ground hopper with upgrade kit.
- Overall height 57.5” x 42.5” x 45” (LWH) excluding auger
- Standard auger can be repositioned from 7 - 10 foot heights. Custom augers are also available.
- Large, rugged 15 cubic feet capacity bin constructed of 12 gauge carbon steel
- Powerful 1 HP 120/230/460 volt motor; upgrade up to 3 HP maximum
- Sealed dust tight drive and idler bearings with transmission ratio of 20:1 (standard)
- Pneumatic vibrator for anti-bridging control
- 2-way forklift entries for convenient positioning
- Includes screen for reducing introduction of bag scraps and other debris from reaching auger
- Includes chain clamps for securing bulk bag hopper support
Ground Hoppers - Description/Order Number (#):
- Standard (Auger) Powder Ground Hopper - for processing of Powders such as Calcium Carbonate - #1000AGH
Air Operation (Pneumatic) Ground Hopper with Pneumatic Pump(Single Feed) - #1000AGHAO
Air Operation (Pneumatic) Ground Hopper with Pneumatic Pump, Controller and Dual-Feed Diverter Valve - (supply lightweight fillers like Calcarb and ATH blends to two different Autocaster or Batchmaster metering hoppers from a single Ground Hopper!) - #1000AGHAO-2
Crating For Ground Hopper - # CEHOPPER
Convert your Auger-transport Ground Hopper to Air (Pneumatic) Operation!
Now, convert your auger-transport style Standard (Powder) Ground Hopper with an air/pneumatic operation with these upgrades:
If you need more room around your Autocaster/PC polymer concrete continuous casting system, or your Batchmaster metering system, or if you already own a Standard (Auger-transport) Powder Ground Hopper, and are considering the purchase of an Autocaster or Batchmaster, then you should carefully consider these space and cost-saving Ground Hopper conversion options to convert your existing Powder (Standard) Ground Hopper to pneumatic operation. Pneumatic operation offers extended distance transporting of powder, so you can relocate the Ground Hopper to a more distant location and free up space in your congested casting stantion area. Or, reduce by one-half the number of Ground Hoppers required by converting them to a pneumatic powder pump equipped with a dual-feed diverter valve and control system shown below.
Pneumatic (Air Operation) Retrofit Kit for Single Powder Feed (supply 1 Metering Hopper) - convert a Ground Hopper to supply powder to a single metering hopper on either a Gruber Autocaster or Batchmaster metering system - #1000AGHPNCV
Pneumatic (Air Operation) Retrofit Kit for Dual-Feed (supply 2 Metering Hoppers) - kit includes Pneumatic Pump, Controller and Dual-Feed Diverter Valve to convert a single Ground Hopper to supply powder to two metering hoppers on either a Gruber Autocaster and/or a Batchmaster metering system - #1000AGHPNCV-2
Learn more about the Pneumatic (Air Operation) Ground Hopper